17 April 2013
Future plc (LSE: FUTR), the international media group and leading digital publisher, today announces the completion of the sale of its UK rock titles Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and associated brand extensions to Team Rock Limited for a gross consideration of £10.2m, satisfied in cash.
Mark Wood, Chief Executive Tel: 020 7042 4007
Graham Harding, Chief Financial Officer Tel: 01225 788101
Chris Taylor, Director of Communications Tel: 020 7042 4033/07980 221942
Jon Coles / Andy Rivett-Carnac Tel: 020 7404 5959
Numis Securities, Financial Adviser and Broker
Lorna Tilbian / Nick Westlake / Mark Lander Tel: 020 7260 1345
Billy Anderson, Chief Executive Tel: 07813 061 577
About Future plc:
· Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
· We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
· We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
· We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over three million products powered by our own app creation software, FutureFolio.
· Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
· Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.